Monday, April 4, 2011

Found: Egg waiting to release. Picked up at corner of aspirin and CD 17.

So pissed.  I have been taking baby aspirin for about 2 months and it F'ed me this month.  I have never, ever ovulated past CD 15 in my entire fertile life.  Well, this month I did. And I think I fudged the days to make myself feel better.  Either way I add or subtract, I will have less than 10 days of luteal this month.  I couldn't figure out why until I started researching baby aspirin and it's ability, in some cases, to inhibit ovulation.  Jesus. So I stopped takin the aspirin on CD 16 and, sure enough, all of the normal symptoms starting coming on and I am pretty sure I ovulated CD 18.  Why?  Because aspirin is an anti-inflammatory and the follicle has to inflame in order to release, signal uterine lining to produce progesterone, prepare for implantation, etc. So, my follie got somewhat inflamed, but not enough to release an egg so it just hung around.   I am angered.  This would be the month that I started intralipids and am in month 3 of a great diet.  And who knows what this means on pregnancy quality if it were to work.  I guess the bright side is that I don't technically have a 2ww...more like a 9-10ww.  I started progesterone yesterday in hopes of buying myself 2 extra days?  It just so happends that I started taking progesterone in November and December and my periods were 29 and 30 days apart, so I am hoping for a 30 day-er, but as anyone knows, I am never that lucky.  J and I starting "working" on about CD11 thinking I would O on CD13-14 per norm, so we were a bit sick of trying by yesterday, but he managed to put up a good and consistent effort, which pleases me. That being said,  I am so tired of all this.  I have no faith in doctors whatsoever.  I was instructed to take this every day with no mention of ovulatory issues, not even a caution.  I had to figure it out on my own and now I'm going to look like an idiot because I told them I wanted to do this on my timing and I didn't get pregnant.  F them though.  I am only using them for the prescription.  The minute I get BFP, if ever, I am going straight to my OBGYN for beta and beyond.  I will then write the master F off letter to one Dr. P and his nasty staff. 

So, scratching this month.  God, I need a drink.  There are few things I wouldn't do for a glass of pinot noir.

No comments:

Post a Comment